- School is closed next week due to Half Term. Pupils return on Monday 31st October 2016 at normal time.
- The new school meals menu will start after half term. It is available to view on the website. Go to the ‘Parents’ tab then ‘School Meals’ to view it. Don’t forget to register your child’s account online. This will enable you to pre-order your child’s meal and keep up to date with payments. The school is unable to accept responsibility for any cash payments.
Tuesday 1st November 2016 9.00am – Reception Parent Workshop (all Reception parents are invited to attend)
- Thursday 3rd November 2016 2.00pm – Reception Open Afternoon (all Reception parents invited to attend) 5.30pm – Curriculum Workshops – Year Group Leaders will go through the curriculum for the year and suggest ways parents can support their child at home (this evening will be a repeat of the morning Workshops. Parents need not attend if they attended the morning sessions).
- Saturday 5th November 2016 - Barley Lane Primary School will be holding their annual firework display. Gates open at 6pm, the display starts at 7.30pm. You can purchase tickets on the night, £5 per adult and £3 per child. This promises to be an unforgettable display with food and a great atmosphere.
Report an absence online
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- Booster Classes - Booster classes for selected Year 6 pupils will recommence week commencing 7th November 2016
- Appointments During School Time - All appointments should be made either after school or during school holidays to avoid missing valuable learning time.
- Change of Collection - Parents are reminded to complete a ‘Change of Collection’ form should they wish another person to collect their child. Copies are available from the foyer and on this website.
Welcome to our school's website
Welcome to Downshall Primary School. I hope you will find that this website gives you some useful information about the school.
At Downshall School we work together to create a learning community that aims to maximise the potential of every pupil. We know that if we support each other and enrich the life of the pupils, parents and staff our chances of being successful in our aims are greatly enhanced.
We celebrate the many traditions, backgrounds and cultures of our school, cherish our differences but unite together to remove any barriers to our learning opportunities.
Our pupils’ success is achieved through a strong partnership of parents, school and their own motivation. All three of the partners have a clear and different role to play but working together is the best way to achieve our common aims.
We hope that both parents and children enjoy the years spent at Downshall and will have happy memories of the time spent here.
Mr Ian Bennett
We are a "Get Reading, Keep Reading, Change Everything" School
We use the highly successful Read Write Inc. Phonics programme to teach our children to read, write and spell. Our children do well in the phonics screening check and by Year 2, the majority are fluent readers with the best chance of success in the KS1 tests.
Ruth Miskin Training recognise us for teaching the programme with fidelity and passion - we know what it takes to make reading and writing pleasurable and rewarding for our children.
This badge recognises that we:
- Raise standards in reading and writing for our children;
- Are expertly trained by Ruth Miskin Training - including our Headteacher, Mr Bennett;
- Gain the latest programme updates through regular visits from our Ruth Miskin trainer;
- Support our most vulnerable readers with extra one-to-one teaching every day.
To visit the parent pages on the Ruth Miskin training website go to http://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/parents/
To sign up to the Ruth Miskin Training newsletter go to: http://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/newsletter-subscribe/
You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter
Pupils' video of life at Downshall
Downshall Primary School, Meads Lane, Seven Kings, Ilford, Essex, IG3 8UG
Tel: 020 8590 2157