We are very proud of the 2016 Parent Survey Results. Click here to view them. Below are the comments from some of our parents:
"I would recommend the school and like how teachers interact with parents"
"Caring Staff who look after all children well"
"Diverse school with a great atmosphere"
"Amazing school - excellent headteacher and staff. Always trying to improve itself"
"Aspirational and continuously trying to improve"
"Teachers know their pupils well and parents are always welcome"
"Children feel safe in school"
"Parents are informed about events regularly"
To see more comments click on the 'Parents' tab then scroll down to 'Parent Surveys'
Report an absence online
Thank you to those parents who report their child’s absences online. As you will see this form is very user friendly and easy to use. It has been brought to our attention that parents are not always sure that we have received their form as they do not receive an e-mailed receipt. The new website does not issue receipts. Once the form has been sent a message will appear at the top “YOUR FORM HAS BEEN SENT SUCCESSFULLY”. Please rest assured that if you see this message, your form has been received.
- Appointments During School Time - All appointments should be made either after school or during school holidays to avoid missing valuable learning time.
- Change of Collection - Parents are reminded to complete a ‘Change of Collection’ form should they wish another person to collect their child. Copies are available from the foyer and on this website.
Weekly Bulletin to Parents
PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE IN THE EVENT OF SCHOOL CLOSURE DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS
- Monday 20th February – Children return to school at normal time;
- Tuesday 21st February - Class 3K trip to Tesco;
- Wednesday 22nd February 9.00am – Parent Workshop (for parents of children in years 3-6) “Developing your Child’s Scientific Enquiry Skills” – Ms Chakravarty will give you an overview of how the knowledge of scientific enquiry helps develop pupils’ scientific knowledge. Bookings can be made via the ‘Contact Us’ form on the school website (www.downshallprimary.co.uk), an e-mail to email@example.com or via the booking form on the back of the Parent Workshops booklet by 3pm Tuesday 21st February. Unfortunately the workshop will not go ahead unless a minimum of 10 places are booked;
- Thursday 23rd February – Class 3B trip to Tesco.
Future Dates for your Diaries:-
- Parent/Teacher meetings will take place on 14th, 15th & 16th March. Letters with booking forms will be sent out nearer the time.
Welcome to our school's website
Welcome to Downshall Primary School. I hope you will find that this website gives you some useful information about the school.
At Downshall School we work together to create a learning community that aims to maximise the potential of every pupil. We know that if we support each other and enrich the life of the pupils, parents and staff our chances of being successful in our aims are greatly enhanced.
We celebrate the many traditions, backgrounds and cultures of our school, cherish our differences but unite together to remove any barriers to our learning opportunities.
Our pupils’ success is achieved through a strong partnership of parents, school and their own motivation. All three of the partners have a clear and different role to play but working together is the best way to achieve our common aims.
We hope that both parents and children enjoy the years spent at Downshall and will have happy memories of the time spent here.
Mr Ian Bennett
We are a "Get Reading, Keep Reading, Change Everything" School
We use the highly successful Read Write Inc. Phonics programme to teach our children to read, write and spell. Our children do well in the phonics screening check and by Year 2, the majority are fluent readers with the best chance of success in the KS1 tests.
Ruth Miskin Training recognise us for teaching the programme with fidelity and passion - we know what it takes to make reading and writing pleasurable and rewarding for our children.
This badge recognises that we:
- Raise standards in reading and writing for our children;
- Are expertly trained by Ruth Miskin Training - including our Headteacher, Mr Bennett;
- Gain the latest programme updates through regular visits from our Ruth Miskin trainer;
- Support our most vulnerable readers with extra one-to-one teaching every day.
To visit the parent pages on the Ruth Miskin training website go to http://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/parents/
To sign up to the Ruth Miskin Training newsletter go to: http://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/newsletter-subscribe/
You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter
Pupils' video of life at Downshall
Downshall Primary School, Meads Lane, Seven Kings, Ilford, Essex, IG3 8UG
Tel: 020 8590 2157